through 12:30 PM Sunday, August 3, 2008
University of California, Berkeley
NOTE: Online Registration For Housing, Meals, and Parking Permits Closes After Tuesday, July 29!
Online Conference Registration Closes After Wednesday, July 30!
After that time, only walk-in registration will be available.
Our campaign to establish a cabinet level U.S. Department of Peace and Nonviolence (“DOPN”) has grown into a true “movement”. Join us at our California Conference in August, to learn practical, concrete ways you can help transform the current prevalence of violence into a culture of peace. This year we are hearing about both “change” and “hope” from the candidates running for office. It’s time for both. Join us at Berkeley in August to help create “A World Beyond Violence”.
YOU WILL BE:
- ENLIGHTENED by Marianne Williamson, best-selling author, political visionary and spiritual advisor on Oprah’s XM radio station, in her Friday evening keynote “The Politics of Possibility”.
- INSPIRED by Aqeela Sherrills, peace advocate and mediator, who brokered the 1992 peace agreement between longtime Los Angeles gang rivals, the Bloods and the Crips.
- EDUCATED by Lynn McMullen, DOPN National Campaign Consultant, about how we can best organize and train ourselves to support passage of H.R. 808 to establish a cabinet level U.S. Department of Peace and Nonviolence.
- EXCITED by our Saturday panel of on-the-ground experts discussing working and proven solutions to violence in our homes, schools, streets and prisons.
- ENCOURAGED by 18 year old Nicole Nabulsi, California organizer for the Student Peace Alliance speaking on the growing role of high school and college students in peace-building across the U.S.
- ENTERTAINED by the unique perspectives of Swami Beyondananda!
- INVIGORATED by stirring music, informational videos and a special Saturday evening barbecue dinner with live entertainment!
To invite others to our Conference, please direct them to this website, http://conference.afdop.org, or download our Flyer.
ACT SOON – enrollment is limited!
Registrations processed on a chronological, date of submission basis.
Conference Prices (not tax deductible)
Friday evening Marianne Williamson keynote address only: $40.00 (on and after July 12th, $50.00)
Full Conference (includes Friday keynote) – Standard Rate: $95.00 (on and after July 12th, $110.00)
Full Conference (includes Friday keynote) – Students: $75.00 (on and after July 12th, $90.00)
On Campus Meals-and-Housing Package -available ONLY to the first 120 registrants; accommodation check-in is Friday late afternoon, check-out Sunday midday; and includes three meals Saturday (including evening BBQ), Sunday breakfast and lunch
Meals-plus-housing package, double occupancy, per person: $150.00
Meals-plus-housing package, single: $205.00
On Campus Meal Plan alone -includes three meals Saturday (including evening BBQ), Sunday breakfast and lunch:
Meal Plan alone: $60.00
Parking full conference: $30.00
- This conference is appropriate for children over age 12; thank you for not bringing younger children.
- For “double” occupancy / roommates: if you wish the double occupancy option, please identify your own roommate and arrange for ONE of you to register for both, with ONE credit card, BEFORE you register on this site. This is a function of our registration system and is the only way to register for two in a room.
- Housing: this is basic but attractive, modern, student housing, two beds to a room, four to ten rooms to a building, with shared bathrooms in each building. Up to ten people may share a bathroom, depending on the configuration of the building, which will not be known until you arrive. We will endeavor to place people of the same sex in the same buildings as much as possible.
- Financial support: Please consider subsidizing the costs of another person who would like to attend the Conference: a friend, relative, co-worker, neighbor, student. If you would like to explore receiving financial aid to attend, contact the Congressional District Team Leader (“CDTL”) for your local District.